
All right, how to start this.......I know! I just saw this new music video of Showbread's, The Pig, as it is called and when I watched it, it gave me a very awkward feeling. That song and many more weird songs came of their newest album Nervosa. It gets really creepy when you hear “my soul is cheap, lay on top of me” twice after the course said in what sounds like a demonic voice.
The video shows women in pig masks while holding knives over a kitchen island and it flashes between their actual phantom like faces and the mask of a pig. There also is where another woman with a pig mask is doing a weird dance behind what looks like a shower curtain. The sense around the video would give really anyone a weird feeling.
With another song in the album, The Journey, In the beginning they scream, “Open me up just like a vacuum sucking in the dirt, Put it all inside me baby, Hear, speak, see and rise like Leviathan, Armor plated, fire breathing” Rise like Leviathan? In Isaiah 27:1 it speaks about Leviathan being a monster the Lord will slay. In this song the lead vocalist of Family Force 5 makes a guest appearance during the course.
It not only is their scremo sound but their image. With the lead singer wearing eye liner and eye shadow with his long hair, he tends to look some what like a girl. In Deuteronomy 22:5 it says for men to not dress as women. I don't know but the net stalkings I really don't think men should be wearing.
When asked a question by jesusfreakhideout.com they gave a very interesting answer,
JFH (Scott): Now you guys always do things in your own way. You're gonna do things how you want, if it means you're gonna be strange or outcasts, you're gonna do it anyways. And you've gotten a lot of scrutiny because of it. How do you guys deal with that?
Josh: Um... that's a good question actually.
JFH (Scott): See? I knew it.
Josh: Good job. Well, we deal with it in one of two ways, Scott. On one hand, to a certain degree, I really like our band, musically. I mean, I know it's nothing we're doing, it's just that God lets us write the music we wanna write, and I really enjoy it. You know, we get to play whatever we wanna play. So, criticism comes in these weird ways. Some kids are like "I just don't like it," and that's fine, you know? Then there are other kids who say "This is how you did it wrong." Like "You should've done this, you should've done that." It's sometimes frustrating, cause you wanna just say, "Then go make your own record! Then you can do whatever you want. We did exactly what we wanted to do, and we did it exactly the way it was supposed to be. You had nothing to do with it, so you can't tell us whether or not it was correct or incorrect. You can tell us you don't like it, and that's fine, I don't care about that." But, I mean that's just how it is with music. People are really into being able to say whether or not they approve of something. So you just kinda have to believe that in the end, we did what we were supposed to do, and I am 100% satisfied with it, and we did what God wanted us to do. And He's gonna do with it what He wants to do regardless. And people say it doesn't sound like whatever hardcore band, and whatever.
What WE wanted, isn't our music to glorify the Lord. In Psalms 33:1-3 it reads, “Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.” It says to 'Sing' praise not scream.
Another problem I have is, yes I understand when people come to Jesus and they have tattoos, but I think it's another thing to be a Christian and GET a tattoo. In Leviticus 19:28, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord!” Their image is very questionable.
That's why I'm always told to use discernment even with 'Christian' music. These Christian record company's need to check their bands and see who bears the fruit, “Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.” Matthew 7:20.
It's really sad when bands like these and Devil Wears Prada, Inhale Exhale and so on; become more of what the christian youth listen to. Be discerning and keep your eyes peeled and in the words of Josh mcdowell, Don't check your brains at the door.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Showbread...christian band?
Posted by
RingHeart
at
8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

55 comments:
Wow Cougar that is really good stuff. I know you put quite a bit of research and thought into this very insightful critique. I have my eye on many of the so called “Christian” artists rising in the youth culture. I must say it has left me scratching my head quite a bit in the last few years.
You know me and you know I love music all types, but don’t sell me snake oil and call it something it isn’t. I think you’ve tapped into exactly what I am saying.
In my day that music was clearly not called Christian but w/ today’s anything goes culture and untrained youth what for my culture clearly rebellious cultic music is now repackaged as wholesome new way to praise God. Wow has the Church fallen so below literacy that we have neglected our children’s very souls? OR are we as guilty as the TV generation thinking if you slap Christian on it then they are safe and we let these things ‘babysit’ our kids? Bad idea, as someone who knows (and I mean KNOWS) the occult this is purely the most irresponsible thing to do.
This band has had a red light on it since it’s infancy onto the Christian scene. One thing that stuck out at me was their interview and saying they will do what they want, you know that is one of the biggest creeds of Satanism, do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law, ( Aleister Crowley) he also said that through the arts they (Satanists) would take over the mind of the culture. Looks like they are tapping into the Christian scene now that record labels have their blinders on for the sake of a buck.
This and many of the other bands remind me of bands like The Cure and Ozzy from my day. The difference is they weren’t trying to hide who they were and what they represented. I knew when I listened to them I wasn’t getting fed good Christian music. But by the grace of God I was able to get sucked out of that lifestyle because I was headed down a path that I have seen destroy many people.
And look at Showbread and Family Force 5’s and other bands like them defenders they are so dogmatic and so unwilling to even consider the possibility. The same is happening w/ movements like The Shack, Purpose Driven movement, seeker sensitive, and such. I did the same thing, it’s like a drug and their junkies. They have to justify it because they don’t know the power that holds them. It isn’t about God that is for sure, it reminds me of several of my fav scriptures; 2 Timothy 3
Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
The Man of God and the Word of God
10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra--what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
A side note about this scripture: Paul was addressing the state of the church in the last days not the lost (they have always been this way). Sounds like today’s Church exactly!!!
But hey all we can do is try to expose folks to what the Holy Spirit leads us to and see to it we stay w/in God’s Word. I hated giving up a lot of things once I got serious about Christ but you know looking back now I don’t regret surrendering it all to him. I see all the wonderful things he replaced it with. You being one of the blessings. Your spiritual maturity amazes me; all of my kids amaze me.
You know though I still love Journey though “k”. LOL ;) No really Steve Perry is the bomb. But NOTHING beats the Newsboys and well my new fav band Stellar Kart, I know these guys are sold out for Christ and well that’s what counts in the end. So let’s pray for Journey and Styx too (especially Tommy Shaw). he he ;)
Wonderful post (bruddah too), I completely agree. shouldn't a 'christian' band care if there a stumbling block for other Christians? that's pretty sad that they don't really care.
Again I offer my congrats on a well done post, but more importantly congrats on listening to the Holy Spirit and seeking Him in Scripture. ^_^
It is a sad place in Christendom when those who profess to be Christians do not seem to care about serving Christ in their music, rather the music becomes more important than the message. Instead of fitting your music around, you fit you message around your music. I am guilty of listening to people that are probably are not exactly the most edifying for my walk, but that is where I have to make the decisions and say "hey, I like your music, but I do not see any fruit." Like with Anberlin, Mute Math, Family Force 5, P.O.D; bands that I liked some of their music, but have been led to believe (through statements they have made or observations) that these guys I should not be listening to (in which case I made decisions on which of them to give up my songs I have or simply discontinue any further purchase of their music.) So it is a hard walk, but Christ did not promise us a field of roses, He promised us salvation on a narrow, long, stony path; so let us all keep to it. :)
Yes I got the same feeling about Showbread's new album.. The only thing I had really heard before that was their song 'Mouth like a Magizine', which I liked.. But after seeing the derection of this their new album I am not going to support it.
Like I said, I didn't know much about them before, but from what I have seen, they just don't seem like something that I would want to support. I will have to do reaserch on their older stuff before I decide on that.
The makeup and painted fingernails grossed me out too.
Like I have said before, I have no problem with listening to non-Christian music, or even Christian music that doesn't always talk about God, but when the music is something that is just plain wrong. (those lyrics you quoted didn't sound very edifying!) Well.. Don't think I should support it.
Anyway I was going to say more but they are about to kick me out of the base library. haha (nothing I did, its just closing time) ;)
Good post! ttyl
I like your post; you structured your thoughts very well, and presented a good argument.
I especially like the discernment you are showing,the Holy Spirit working in you. He will lead you into all truth, the truth of Scripture, and God's Word. When we are convicted of things in this world and bump them against the Word of God, then we are displaying proper discernment.
Discernment is so lacking in today's church. Some of the people who call themselves ministers, I wouldn't let them train my dogs, let alone train me in the ways of the Lord. We need to test all things. God bless :)
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
(Continued in next comment)
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
I disagree with this for a couple of reasons. I'm not trying to say that your wrong, or I know more than you, or anything, but these are my thoughts and opinions:
The whole theme of the Anerexia-Nervosa albums are centered around the story the songs complement, about the two sisters who do two diferent things with their lives and end up two different places in the end. Nervosa being about someone who comes to know God over the course of her life. Also over the course of her life she did things that were wrong, that's why I think they chose to put thoses songs in there.
As far as the whole tattoo thing goes, I think that's something that you have to look at in context. For one thing, it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself." The way I interpret it, it's saying in a way that honors the dead, like the pagens. Also, almost the entire book of Leviticus, where the verse is found, are laws and rules for the well being and health of the people. They didn't have the same knowlage of science or medicens as we do, so God gave them rules to follow to keep the population healthy and alive. The verse right before that says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Does that mean no one can shave their faces??
When you are talking about dressing like a girl, I personally wouldn't call Dies a cross-dresser... He's kinda hard to mistake for a girl and he doesn't try to look like one. He doesn't wear girl clothes or dresses.
If you listen to other songs on that CD alone, you'll find a lot of VERY outrightly christian lyrics. If you listen to Blindside, Flyleaf, or Dead Poetic (They are other christian bands who are similar in style to Showbread) and really listen to the songs so you get the lyrics, you cannot honestly tell me that you don't believe they are a christian band. I find showbread to be the same way, Dies just has a unique way of writing that hides it a little more.
on the topic of "scream" and "sing"... The bible also says nothing about amplifying your voice or adding other sounds besides your voice, trumpets, strings, symbols, and horns. This may have something to do with the fact that they didn't have the ability to do that then. If someone in that time era tried to do a screamo song, it just wouldn't sound good because there was no amps, mics, synthesisers, ect. it just wouldn't sound good. Also, no one did it so why would they mention it? The bible also doesn't say anything about organs and pianos, but how many christians, churches, anyone, have you ever heard say that's the devil's work or not how you're supposed to praise God? Also, screaming is just another way of singing. It's still music that comes from your mouth. How can one argue that any kind of musical praise, or songs glorifying God and christian values/beliefs is 'wrong' when a.) no one but God really truelly knows what is meant by every word he put in the bible and b.) There is an ENTIRE book in the bible of nothing but songs and psalms, most of which telling us to praise the lord in every way, anyhow you can. Praise him with dancing, strings, resounding symbols, and most noticeably, with our voices.
(Sorry my computer was messing up and not letting me post and then I figured out I actually was posting... heres the rest of what I was saying.)
Finally, the end of my ranting, Christan Rock is a ministry. If all christian bands were only Techno-y or adult contemporary and such, the kids and people who- as a ministry- you should really be trying to reach out to will never listen. If they have people they can realate to and who they feel are like them in some way, they'll at least stop and listen to what is being said and think about it. I personally fall under the 'Emo', 'Goth', ect. style and I am in a firm relationship with Christ, but if I wasn't, I would NOT go talk to some pastor who dresses nice, or one who preaches at me all the time, I'd go to someone who I can relate to if I have questions about God or want someone to talk to. That's part of the reason I believe God doesn't mean dressing like the guys in showbread do when he's saying that, or tattooing themselves with just images that aren't supposed to be like the pagen tattoos almost worshiping the dead, otherwise he'd basicly be doing the same thing many churches do when they see kids like that around churches or just in general: outcast them, or assume their just their to 'hang out' not to learn.
I know I got a bit off topic there at the end, but that's where my ranting took me so that's where I went. Like I said at the beginning I'm not trying to say I know everything, or that you are absolutely wrong, or that I know what God really wants/means or why he does certain things, I'm just offering my opinion, and on this particular topic it is an increadibly strong opinion, because music is how God speaks with me more often then not, probably because I connect to music. I connect to christian music, that is: music with substance that can actually mean something, which is why I don't listen to any mainstream music, it's shallow, meaningless, and see-through. Most mainstream music is just someones way of making a paycheck, they don't feel any of what they're saying.
Back to what I was trying to say now... I would like to know what you think if you ever read this. If you agree with certain things or atleast get what I'm trying to say, E-mail me at accemberuchiha@yahoo.com, raisor@mail.com, or facebook me http://www.facebook.com/accemberuchiha (I'm more likely to get that one cause it tells me when someone messeges me and there's no junk mail.)
buy ambien online no rx ambien cr online no prescription - ambien scheduled medication
valium 10mg buy valium in london - lexapro valium drug interactions
diazepam online buy diazepam online+paypal - diazepam dosage for dogs
ativan online ativan dosage .25 - ativan help quit smoking
buy xanax 1mg xanax drug label - xanax time release
buy ativan cheapest ativan online - ativan withdrawal .5 mg
diazepam for dogs generic name for diazepam - diazepam 10mg for sleep
xanax online pharmacy buy xanax no prescription online - safe to order xanax online
discount xanax alprazolam 0.5 mg tablet - xanax bars s 90 3
cheap ativan online withdrawal from ativan how long - ativan overdose signs and symptoms
order soma carisoprodol vs vicodin - buy soma spliffs
zolpidem online ambien drug interactions klonopin - ambien 5mg reviews
buy valium online without prescription buy valium online overnight delivery uk - valium pills india
buy ambien online ambien side effects erectile - ambien and alcohol effects
buy soma generic soma online - where to buy soma hair products
cheap ambien no prescription ambien quality of sleep - ambien side effects mayo clinic
xanax drug xanax 8 mg - cheap legal xanax
buy tramadol online tramadol hcl 50 mg tab uses - tramadol 50mg tablets get you high
tramadol 50 mg tramadol online from usa - tramadol extended release tablets
buy tramadol online buy tramadol online mastercard overnight - tramadol 50mg vs lortab
buy tramadol online tramadol no prescription free shipping - buy tramadol online cod no prescription
buy carisoprodol cod picture of carisoprodol 350 mg - carisoprodol side effects women
buy tramadol online buy tramadol online us pharmacy - buy tramadol for cheap
buy tramadol online buy tramadol online legally - buy tramadol hydrochloride online usa
alprazolam online what do generic xanax bars look like - 4 bar xanax effects
order cialis from canada cheap cialis usa - cialis online genuine
buy tramadol online tramadol hcl 50 mg tablet tev information - buy tramadol online no prescription usa
buy cialis viagra cialis us - buy real cialis cheap
cialis online generic cialis net - buy cialis blog
xanax online mixing xanax and alcohol good - xanax 2mg green bars
learn how to buy tramdadol buy tramadol using mastercard - tramadol addiction while pregnant
buy tramadol tramadol canadian pharmacy no prescription - buy tramadol without a script
http://buytramadolonlinecool.com/#51726 buy tramadol online florida - tramadol for dogs half life
http://blog.dawn.com/dblog/buy/#blog tramadol online prescription - tramadol online overnight
http://landvoicelearning.com/#51438 tramadol 50 mg para que sirve - buy tramadol online no prescription cheap
buy tramadol online tramadol and xanax - safe order tramadol online
cheap tramadol tramadol 100mg for dogs - cheap tramadol online overnight delivery
buy ativan online ativan and alcohol overdose - ativan overdose with alcohol
buy ativan online buy lorazepam from mexico - ativan overdose what to do
http://ranchodelastortugas.com/#93851 maxalt xanax drug interactions - generic xanax xr cost
buy tramadol online boompanjang blogspot buy tramadol online - buy tramadol online with echeck
http://bayshorechryslerjeep.com/#rx xanax side effects confusion - xanax bars anxiety
Post a Comment