I would like to ask a very interesting question...
How do you know the Bible is true?
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Question!
Posted by
RingHeart
at
8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians" (Patrick Henry)
I would like to ask a very interesting question...
How do you know the Bible is true?
4 comments:
If you take the time to research claims the Bible has made in the past concerning future events that have come to pass, you see it is reliable, and from a supernatural source. If this is the case, you have to consider the other claims the Bible has made, especially the nature of its origin, and the nature of Jesus Christ. "...the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were." (Rom. 4:17) Of course this verse in context is speaking of Abraham, but it also expresses an omniscience of God that transcends our feeble understanding.
I have taken the time to look at the contextual, historical, and cultural aspects of the Bible; it is more true than I can comprehend.
I had an answer all prepared but then I saw that someone else beat me to it.. lol
One thing that has always made me believe is that the Bible (the word of God) has never been disproven, but to the contrary (and to the dismay of many people) is being proven right all the time.
Another thing is just seeing how God has worked in my life, just how much better you feel after you pray, and just seeing in my life and the lives of others how the power of prayer really works.
I can say without a doubt that God is real, and that I would be nothing without Him.
Good job Vertigo, you are a very intelligent individual. ;)
Yes, the Bible is not true solely because it says it is, to try and base the truth of the Bible on the fact that it says it is is rather circular. Instead we can base it on (as Vertigo said) the prophecies of the Scriptures and just the vast distinction of the Bible from the other religions that claim the same sense of absolute truth.
It comes down to this, the Bible is not true because I say it is, rather the Bible is true because it has proven to be true and reliable in the things it says, therefore I believe it.
Oh wait.. I think I may have answered mine kind of weird. For some reason I thought the question was "How do you know God is real?".. Sorry about that.
Post a Comment