I just heard some recent news about Ray Boltz coming 'out of the closet' so to speak with his homosexuality. I went on the blogger thing they have up (blog.christianitytoday.com) and I was reading some comments. I was so surprised to see that a majority of people had said 'that's good for him' WHAT!! And then came a lot of debating.
I can't begin to count how many people kept saying, 'Oh God is a loving God and he would never hurt anyone' HELLO do you forget that he is a righteous and sovereign God; not to mention wrathful. He is also merciful to those who repent of their sins and putting their trust in him. He's not a little pink bunny that if you press his thumb he'll sing 'I love you'. He's our God and he's the creator of all things.
This person has some very twisted views on a lot of things this is what she wrote,
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. There but for the grace of God go YOU.
1) Bestiality and pedophilia are psychological illnesses that have NOTHING to do with homosexuality. They are by and large the result of extremely abusive or dysfunctional childhood environments and people who suffer from these diseases are CREATED, not born as such. I suggest cracking open a copy of "Psychology For Dummies" for clarity. Actually, watch any show on TruTV and you'll get the gist. Also note that homosexuality has not been listed as a deviant psychological behavior for nearly thirty years now.
First thing, Bestiality and pedophilia are not some psychological illnesses, they are sexual sins and choices just like homosexuality. These are not a result of anything but sin and you are not born as a homosexual. Really any book out there about psychology is more than likely wrong or throwing in their own theories, and this same company made 'Tarot For Dummies'.
2) Adultery and polygamy are indeed choices. Duh. But neither have anything to do with homosexuality. To imply so is nothing but sheer ignorance. Again...crack a book other than your Bible and broaden your horizons a little.
They both ARE the same as homosexuality, Jesus says (Matthew 5:28) if you look with lust you have committed adultery. Polygamy is also no different because it still is SIN. You should never try to hold make anything as equal as the Word of God and no Mame I would rather stay narrow minded.
3) Scientific studies are proving more and more every day that there are genes in our DNA that may predispose certain individuals to a homosexual life. But silly me...you people don't accept that evolution could even be a part of the creation process, even though it's SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to be...so why would I think you would believe science when they are trying to tell you that homosexuals can indeed be born this way? Sorry. I spoke out of turn, there. Guess we have to erect a few hundred more dinosaur skeletons first. *slapping forehead*
Science has not proven evolution (that's for another time) Again no one is born a homosexual, and I really don't buy the, 'I've known at a young age' 2 and 3 year olds don't know what sex is, how are they to know what anything sexual is. Maybe they have certain problems at a young age and as they begin to mature sexual desires are brought into it.
4) Ray Boltz can no more CHOOSE to be gay than heterosexuals can CHOOSE to be straight. It just is. People...IT. JUST. IS. The only CHOICE he is making is to stop lying about it, stop making himself feel like he is a worthless piece of crap for having these feelings and reconciling himself to the FACT that God loves him STILL and REGARDLESS and JUST THE WAY HE WAS MADE.
He chose to follow his flesh, and again it's about repenting of your sins. Yes it is a good thing he stopped lying about it. It was by his choice to dwell on the thoughts that he made this decision and that's not giving it to the Lord. Yes God loves his children and that is why he sent his only son to die for us but if we don't turn from our ways how can we be with him for all eternity in his presence being a wretched sinner like we are. We need Jesus.
5) I'm not even going to go into the whole Sodom thing. If you people would try and research the history of that time period along with your scriptures, I'm pretty sure you'd have one of Oprah's "Aha!" moments. I'm so sick of that story in the Bible being misused and abused to promote hate that I want to vomit.
I'm sorry you feel that way but that is why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. It was so bad there other men wanted to sleep with the two angels.
6) The Bible commands a woman be stoned to death for commiting adultery. We don't do that anymore because we realize that it's inhumane and just plain wrong. When is the church going to realize that its treatment of homosexuals is also inhumane and wrong and start embracing with love, as Jesus commanded us to and did Himself? And don't tell me for one second that you can "love" someone and yet shun them from society. Wrong answer.
No, we don't because Jesus died for all sin, if you read that was commanded back in the old testament there are certain things we no longer need to do such as sacrificing birds or lamb because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice for such great of sins. If you read Jesus said in John 8:7 “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” Then it goes on to say in verse 11 he says to the woman they tried to stone “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
I was always raised to never be ashamed to say I'm a Christian. These days I am not ashamed to say I love Jesus...but I am most DEFINITELY ashamed to call myself a Christian, when today's Christians stand for nothing but judgement, hatred and intolerance. I'll proudly label myself a FAITHFUL HERETIC, thank you very much. I'm pretty sure Jesus is cool with it. I mean...the dude was quite the radical hippy, after all.
I'm not ashamed to say I'm a Christian either, but judging people is not a bad thing as long as we judge according to the Bible and not us. And I really think he's not 'cool' or a dude for that matter, and no he wasn't a radical 'hippy' he is the Son of God. Calling him 'dude' or 'G-man' is lowering him down to our level and he's not our level he's far beyond that. How can you call the Son of God, dude?
To Mr. Boltz (because I am QUITE sure he is reading this): Be strong and courageous. Know that you are loved, know that you are a divine creation in the eyes of God and that your legacy on this earth is one of beauty and honor. Know that there are plenty of other GAY CHRISTIANS in this world and that it's no one's decision as to whether or not you are a child of God but HIS and YOURS. May you be blessed and enjoy contentment of heart for the rest of your days, living in your truth.
MAY WE ALL.
Sincerely,
Darci Monet
Professional Vocalist, Songwriter, Vocal Coach, Faithful Heretic and Recovered (and Repentent) Gay-Hater
You can not be a homosexual and be a Christian the Lord said Leviticus 18:22 “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable” Right after that it goes on to say, (Lev 18:23) “Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.” Bestiality right after homosexuality, they both are against God and he forbids them both. Living in YOUR truth, so now he decides what's true, and contentment of heart, come on you really condone his sin as nothing.
Here's what Mr. Boltz said about this whole thing:“I’d denied it ever since I was a kid," Boltz, 55, told the magazine(interview with the gay magazine The Washington Blade). "I became a Christian, I thought that was the way to deal with this and I prayed hard and tried for 30-some years and then at the end, I was just going, ‘I’m still gay. I know I am.’ And I just got to the place where I couldn’t take it anymore … when I was going through all this darkness, I thought, ‘Just end this.’”
Mr. Boltz, I hate to say, you probably weren't saved. You can't sit there and keep saying to yourself, 'I'm still gay' that's not putting your trust in God and denying your sins. When you say ' I thought that was the way to deal with this' You mean to say it was a bad idea you 'becoming' a Christian. Where in the Bible does it say to 'try'? Repent of your sins and put it in Gods hands.

13 comments:
Excellent job. You have really used discernment here. It amazes me how many so- called Christians are defending Mr. Boltz. They twist God’s word to their liking and are hurting others and themselves by their false understanding of the Bible. They are bull headed because they believe they are saved yet they bear NO fruit and they adhere to this false doctrine base on their own feelings and understanding.
We are not to go on feelings and as the Word says in
Proverbs 3: 5-6
“5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall [fn1] direct your paths.
We don’t do that these days. Most people including Christians are Biblically illiterate it is shameful, but most can tell you more about American Idol. God help us. Glad to see you are fervently seeking to have a Biblical world view; using His word to guide your words and to speak the truth. Amen sister!
Good job! ^_^
The entire time I was reading this I was thinking about how wrong this lady was, than at the end when she said she was a proud heretic, that was the first thing I agreed with her on. Her reliance on science, other books and her own views of justice OBVIOUSLY have turned her away from knowing the righteous and sovereign Jesus Christ.
She says she is a songwriter and all, I do not know what songs she has written, but if I ever find out, I will SOOOOO sop lisening to them.
Wow. I don't know who Ray Boltz is, but still this was a good post.
I can't understand how people can say that they are gay, and a Christian, unless they just have never opened a Bible in their life!! But I guess a lot of people feel that way because I found out we have a 'gay church' in our town. :(
Good post, and you have got some writing talent!!
Wonderful post! She said that she loves Jesus, but also said she was a faithful heretic.....that kinda contradicting don't you think?
But wonderful post once more!
Wow! I made it into a total strangers blog! How AWESOME is this??? Especially because I didn't think Christianity today would have the nerve to publish my comment. Good on them for being fair.
That said, you are all entitled to your opinions, and thank God we live in a nation where we are allowed to have them. But until you decide to actually research some theology and history outside of ONLY what is printed in your Bible, and learn how the Bible even came to exist, there is no way you will ever understand that life simply isn't as black and white as you'd like to hope, or as you have been force fed in your churches in your lifetimes. I grew up in the church, I know my scripture and I respect the Bible and its commandments. However, science shouldn't and CAN'T be dismissed entirely and I believe it can walk hand in hand with faith. I'm sorry you all don't because you're missing out on some very interesting discoveries that might even prove MORE to you that there is indeed a God in the first place.
I'm also very, VERY sorry that you think you can decide who's a Christian and who's not simply based on what they think or whom they love, whether it be me or a homosexual. If you'd like to throw Bible verses around, let's not forget about the one that Christians LOVE to forget, good ole James 5:9. I don't know what Bible y'all are reading, but if we're going to talk about judgement, mine always told me that a sin is a sin is a sin, none greater than another, so if you'd really like to insist that a person CHOOSES the "sinful life of homosexuality" then why don't we take a look at the glutton YOU most likely were at dinner last night (or at any number of your covered dish church socials). Big sin. Let's talk about how much you cheat on your taxes every year. Sin. Let's talk about the office colleague you've been flirting with behind your spouse's back. Sin. Driving over the speed limit? Not admitting you got more change that you should have at the market? Stealing your neighbor's newspaper? All sins. In fact, there are so many ways to sin and not enough minutes in the day to repent of them all...so...aren't we then ALL going straight to hell? I'm practically afraid to take a breath right now, frankly.
By the way...the community didn't stop stoning prostitutes just because Jesus said so on that one day. Have you EVER cracked a history book? The practice went on for years following and still continues in less civilized countries today. So, sorry...you were reaching, there.
I worship a kind and loving God that doesn't hate me, doesn't ask me to hate others and does not require me to live in guilt and shame every minute of every day of my life. If I am to believe I am made in His image then there's no need for me to feel that way EVER. I will pray that you all get to meet HIM and that He will soften your hearts toward others as well. It's just not up to you to be judge OR jury, no matter how badly you want it to be.
Thanks for making such a big deal out of my comment. Obviously I gave cause to make people think and that's all I can really ask for.
(Wow Monet,
Such hypocrisy you have leveled at a child you must be so proud of your self. You assumed (notice I use assume not judge though it can be seen the same way) she is so many things. You are so transparent and I am glad so many will be able to see right through this. )
So now you children can see this is what everyone has been talking about. And now they attack children blogging their opinions on web sites. They spew their agenda and attempt to actually silence free speech because it isn’t their opinion. Here you can actually see God’s example 2Tim 3:5-7 “5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth” and remember God said Pro 16:25“25 There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.”
Only we can understand that we do love homosexuals but hate the lifestyle. We by the grace of the Holy Spirit can see the undeniable truth of God’s word. We can stand on that word and know we are not being judgmental.
Make sure you know His word because the Bible says “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” 2 Tim 4:3-5
And no matter what anyone tells you about being hateful and being judgmental remember Christ’s instruction to His church through Paul in 2 Tim 3:12-17 “Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” AMEN!!!
Be of good cheer Cougar, you have seen God’s word in action. You can know even more his word is true. Pray for Monet. Pray for those she has influence over.
Mahalo E Ke Akua No Keia La, Aloha Au Ia 'Oe~
~makuahine~ <><
Do not feel bad Cougar, you did nothing wrong in your post, you only proclaimed what the Bible says and the Bible says you CANNOT be living in sin and call yourself a Christian. There is a difference between strongholds and living in sin, if you seek to find the difference I would just look at many examples in the Scriptures; that said, homosexuality is incompatible with God, as much so as unrepentant adultery is (Amy Grant a fine example,) unrepentant thievery, and unrepentant any other sin. Christ died for all sin, including homosexuality, but you must turn away from those sins and confess that they are sins before you reach the place of forgiveness and acceptance.
The main point worth note in this ladies statement is the chastising for not looking to sources outside the Bible to verify her beliefs, anything outside of the Bible is not the truth. Science is not the ultimate source of truth, science cannot and will never have all the answers to everything, while science is certainly compatible the Bible, (In fact if you look throughout history, our scientific fathers used the Bible as their basis which led to the discovery of the many scientific laws) the type of 'religious' science like evolution is not. Letting history, science, 'theology', outside of the word of God shape your worldview will ALWAYS lead you to deceptions; I love science and I love history, especially theology, but it has to be rooted and verified by the Word of God and not the other way around.
Hebrews 11:3 "By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible."
Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,"
God created EVERYTHING by his knowledge and power, he interprets history because history is His Story to tell, the science of his creation and how it works is obtained by going to the designer, and theology in itself is the study of God and you need to go to His Word to find out what he means when he said in Romans 1:24-31
"Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;"
We are ALL sinners, no on is good no not one, no sin is above the other, we all need to repent and follow Christ. We need to first put our sins to death and not stand there and say "God made me sinful therefore I can follow him," we are born with a predisposition to sin, just because you may not like yourself because of the sin does not somehow mean you need to make yourself feel better, you need to know you are a sinner, you need to be humble before God helps you, and you need to have the right heart about it. Otherwise God will not help you, "he resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6
from my heart~
"first of all this is for the lady who took the time to throw half truths at my niece. I am not going to quote scripture or say things that might be taken as "hate".
I being a former homosexual know firsthand of God's love and grace. We are commanded by him to love and forgive. In no way did this girl accuse or judge in the way you think. See people who live in sin take these comments out of context because the enemy blinds them, and only wants to steal, kill and destroy....he can even do this within the body of Christ.
When i came to receive the loving salvation of Christ, he showed me you cannot be in sin and in Him. Now of course we all fall short of His glory, but we must turn from that sin and continue to follow Him. It makes my heart sadf when people living in sin try to use the lame excuse of God is soft and he just wants us to be happy. That is not at all the whole truth.
That is however what the likes of soft preachers like you to think so you can feel good about committing outright, blatant sin in the midst of the creator, the King our God. He does not like it. You also must remember our God is a jealous, angry God. If you choose to live apart from him....you WILL go to hell. Thats not me being hateful, just the facts. I asdk that you really pray to Him to seek his guidance on this.
I cannot judge you as God would but i can certainly point out in the name of the Lord that what you wrote trying to justify your not living right makes me very angry.
My niece listened to the Lord and wrote what he placed on her heart....so for that shame on you for attacking a child. I will pray for you....
There is no way I could have known this blog was written by a child. I have to admit her writing skills are quite mature, and her ability to regurgitate what she's being taught in church and by her family is stellar. I'm actually VERY impressed. I don't know how old she is, but I was definitely very much like Cougar at a young age.
However, simply because I disagreed with her stated doctrine does not mean I "attacked" her. I was also speaking to all who commented on this blog, I did not intend to isolate her solely. But if a child is going to be allowed by her parents or guardians to read about adult subjects and post a blog on the worldwide web with her thoughts on said subject, then she ought also to be taught that life will be full of people who do not agree with her and how she should gracefully handle it. Telling people "they must not be saved" because they are a homosexual...well, I'm sorry but that's just not her choice to make. An individual's salvation is between him/her and God and Jesus is not a band-aid. I think it does a great disservice to her as a human being AND a young Christian to be taught otherwise. This is the same twisted ideology radical Muslims who want to destroy our country are instilling into their own children. Can you not see the danger?
Personally, as an aside, I really don't see how someone who can write a song like "Watch The Lamb" COULDN'T be saved! Some songwriters craft songs without ever having experienced what they're writing about (Diane Warren's made an entire career out of it), but some songs are simply divinely inspired...we can all tell those songs when we hear them, don't you think? I believe WTL is one of those.
I will admit that had I known I was addressing a minor, I may have chosen a softer approach in my wording, so if Cougar feels "attacked" then I do sincerely apologize. However, I do stand by every point I made and I hope Cougar's family will take this opportunity to open a discussion with her and that as she gets older she won't merely rely on only what she's told, but will seek her own answers in a prayerful manner jointly with the Lord. He's so much bigger than the box you all have put Him in. His love - and salvation - knows no bounds. Can we all not agree on that, at least?
Cougar, no you did NOTHING wrong here. Thank you for stating your opinion so maturely. I can tell your family is proud of you and I wish you a life path full of joy.
For mr. man...a sincere question...do you NOT feel you were born gay? You feel it was an environmental thing...? I have a couple friends who are "reformed gays" (as they refer to themselves) as well and I also fully support them in their quests, because I don't actually believe ALL people living homosexual lifestyles are born gay. I'd be interested in discussing your opinions on this, truly, if you feel inclined. This is probably not the appropriate forum, so if you'd like to email me, I welcome it. MinxMusic@aol.com.
Ma’am, I first want to point out that I did not feel attacked. Second, I know quite enough about this subject to write it on my blog and I am certainly old enough to understand it. I have evidence to judge this man according to the Word of God, and what he says about such a matter. As being taught this, I have merely listened to the Lord on these issues and judged by his Word, not my own.
Last, I do not think it right for you to question Mr. Man about what God has reveled to him.
Thank you for reading my blog, for I was addressing you at certain times. I will pray for you and your family. God bless you!
Dear Darci needs to do her homework. She's spewing uneducated nonsense. I read up to her fifth point and just couldn't continue any further.
Darci is not a psychologist, or she'd know that homosexuals are largely formed from a break with the same-sex parent coupled with abuse of some form (often sexual in nature). They can also lose those urges, if they want to.
Darci is not a scientist, or she'd know to read scientific studies that have not been carried out by homosexuals or anyone else with a pro-homosexual agenda. Like the man said: You can prove anything with statistics; even the opposite. If you do not know how to read a scientific study, you can easily be duped.
Sadly, Darci is no Christian and therefore cannot understand the sovereignty of God, which includes following Him or suffering the consequences.
Like the false convert, Ray Boltz, Darci needs prayer. Let's remember her, OK?
Post a Comment